Are you suffering from gastritis or stomach problems such as gas, indigestion, belching, constipation and irritable bowel syndrome?
Did you try a host of medications and finally found that they don’t work? Then there is a simple solution to all your tummy related ailments! It’s KapalBhati, the yogic kriya that helps relieve the gas and reduce abdominal distension.
Benefits of Kapalabhati
- Improves digestion and reduces problems such as gas, indigestion, and constipation.
- The Kapalbhati involves contraction of abdominal muscles and pushing up the diaphragm. This helps in toning the abdominal area and reduce fat around the stomach. It will help reduce belly fat.
- It is a cure for constipation, acidity, and diabetes.
Since kapalbhati helps in improving the blood circulation, especially in the lower half of the body, therefore it helps in improving the functioning of the entire body. Of course, the technique also helps in increasing the lung capacity and improves the respiratory efficiency, which helps in making more oxygen available to the body. Now more oxygen flows into the body, therefore it becomes more efficient. One can feel infused with the energy every time after performing this technique of Kapalbhati.
How To Do
Kapalbhati pranayama steps are usually very straightforward. However, it is important to ensure that you perform it properly or you may end up hurting yourself. You will also need to exercise some precautions when you perform it. You can find detailed step by step instructions on the technique here:
- Sit straight with your spine erect and cross your legs in front of you.
- Take a deep breath and exhale quickly and suddenly, making a puffing sound while you do it. Focus on exhaling forcefully and not on the inhalation.
- When you exhale, draw your abdominal muscles inward simultaneously. Your abdomen should rise when you inhale and fold when you exhale.
- Continue for 10 breaths and then take a break. Perform two more similar sets.